A residential aged care provider, operating in Far North Queensland, requested support in the management of a 60-bed high-care facility, following the resignation of the facility manager. The board also wanted to take the opportunity to review the services compliance outcomes and financial performance.
ACMA advisors were onsite in Townsville within three days of appointment and the establishment of initial Key Deliverables included.
- Conducting a detailed financial analysis and make recommendations for improved financial viability
- Reviewing staffing structures to improve care services capacity
- Providing day to day management of the aged care facility reporting to the Chief Executive Officer
- Developing and maintaining a plan for continuous improvement
- Maintaining accreditation status
- Recruiting of a new Director of Nursing
- Reviewing existing admission and discharge planning processes
ACMA were engaged for a ten-month period, working in partnership with the Board, Chief Executive Officer, facility staff and the local health services to review and establish sustainable clinical, operational and financial parameters.
During the contract term all outcomes were achieved, including
- Increase in operating income of $343,392 per annum
- Reduction in cost of care expenses of $10,700.00 per annum
- Increase in EBITDA of $354,092.00 per annum
- Increase in occupancy by 3.5% to 97.5%
- Establishment of improved roster management and increased skills mix
- Introduced and embedded a new internal audit system and Clinical Key Performance Indicators
- Maintained full compliance following Accreditation audit to reaccredit
- Recruited a new Director of Nursing